Thursday, September 9, 2010

Love and Forgive Your Enemies.

  Preacher MNJ is back!!! Anyways, I have a question... How many of you struggle with loving your enemies? ME!!!  If I have an enemy, I don't love him or her! I absolutely detest them! I mean that's what enemies are, right? When we have enemies, our worldly minds don't think about forgiving and loving that person! We usually think about revenge. We want to get even! We think like this "Well, he or she hurt me so why should I be nice to them? They hurt me! They don't deserve my love or forgiveness!!" But, do you realize that Jesus loves and forgives us? We hurt and totally disobey Him! Jesus loves you. He loves you more than He loves the world. He forgives your stupidest sins. Why can't you do that to your enemies? What makes you specialer than your enemy?? Did you know that not loving and forgiving your enemies sins is actually a sin?

I don't really have an enemy, but I have struggles with relationships of people I know. I have been tempted to get angry and blow up. (overreact) Until recently, I would have already done that. But I made a commitment to God. "I don't care how many times I get a rude comment by people, but the ruder they get, the nicer I am going to become to them. Because I know You will me. You said You will bless those whom get persecuted. So I am comforted for I know that I am going to be blessed!" Here is several verses about persecution....

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 5:44
 
Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Matthew 5:10-12
 
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Matthew 24:4-9
 
Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
Romans 12:14  
 
 
 
 
  I know that the stronger my faith in Him grows the hate in others will grow. But I have Him next to me. He will comfort me. When I want to cry He will catch my tears. He will hold me as I tell Him my troubles. I can tell Him anything.
 
I remember one fond memory. (More about forgiveness) I will never forget that play-day.
 
We were at a friend's house. It was dark and us kids were jumping on the trampoline. One boy was bulling the smaller kids. He already sent one little boy crying. I stood up and told him to stop. He didn't. So I pulled him off a little kid. He stood up and looked at me. Only it was too dark to see him face-to-face. I knew he couldn't see me. He was enraged and yelled "What kind of freak are you!?" The kids on the trampoline grew quiet and looked our direction. I calmly said "I am the kind of freak that cares about other people." The boy said "hmm" and soon got off the trampoline.  Some kids came up to me and one of them said "Thanks, there aren't alot of people who can stand up to *Ralph." I shrugged and went inside for a drink. Later *Ralph came up to me and apologized. "I am so sorry. You are the first girl to talk to me that way. I guess I was being too rough to the smaller kids. I-I- am sorry." I smiled "It's okay. You gave me a test." With that I walked off than stopped and turned around "Oh, and I forgive you." At the end of the night we were talking and playing together.
 
That is the way we should stand up to our enemies. We need to be calm. We need to forgive. If you do, you will be an example to your enemy. How? Because you forgave them! You never know what your forgiveness will boil up too. It might even change your enemies life.
 
 Love and you'll be loved. Forgive and you'll be forgiven. Trust and you'll be trusted.
It's simple! Do it! Apply that rule to your life!!!
 
That's really about it. I know... short post. But oh well. I just needed to talk about forgiveness and love. well here's some verses to end my post!
 
Thanks,
MNJ
 
*Name changed to protect the boy*
 
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and [that], when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son [is] stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; [he is] a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21


Cursed [be] he that setteth light by his father or his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
Deuteronomy 27:16


For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
Matthew 15:4


For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
Mark 7:10


And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Ephesians 6:4

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Ephesians 4:26


Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Ephesians 4:31

And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
Revelation 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment