Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Love


Love
by MN age 10
You are a baby goat
that is sick and cold,
blind, hungry and lonely
you are crying, you are
beaten, and fooled.
No one looks at you
they snort, butt you
kick you, and looks
at you with a hard
eye it pierces you.
It rains, snows, and
hails as it pounds your coat.
Finally someone
sees you it is raining
then. She gets up and rushes toward you
your body tenses.
She does not beat
or kick. She cleans you,
warms you, and feeds
you. She makes a
shelter under her
belly, and she has
a soft eye
she sees
inside of you
she thinks you
are special. When
a enemy comes
she will push you
into safety. One
day she died
you cry and 'cry
over her blood
shed. She
died for you
and only you
She said I
will love
you my dear. and
she cries "It
is over!" Her name is Jesus
February 2008

1 comment:

  1. Dear MN,
    I know this is an old poem, but it was the first one I read. You are very good at describing your feelings. I write poetry, too, and I know how much it can help when nothing else does. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete