Sunday, December 27, 2009

For Sarah

For Sarah
Ever watched someone spread their wings and fly?
Or have someone take one of your things?
Thought you saw the truth in some one's eyes.
Then you find out later it was all a lie?
Every had someone change from friend to foe?
As the world around you is stuck on "go".
You want to keep on dreaming a wonderful dream.
To realize later it's not what it seems.
You wanted to run, but found you can't hide.
In a room where there's no one there by your side.
I've been where you've been.
I've seen what you've seen.
So my word of advice- for your life please take care.
What you have now might not always be there.
MNJ

1 comment:

  1. my heart aches for this and a scripture comes to mind as we were not the first to feel this pain,

    Ps 55:12-14
    or it is not an enemy who reproaches me;
    Then I could bear it.
    Nor is it one who hates me who has exalted himself against me;
    Then I could hide from him.
    13 But it was you, a man my equal,
    My companion and my acquaintance.
    14 We took sweet counsel together,
    And walked to the house of God in the throng.
    NKJV

    the hardest lesson I ever had walking with God...

    ReplyDelete